Tuesday 21 August 2012

Bento No.22, Scraping out the Fridge

We went away to Tokyo last week. As always before going away, we hadn't bought anything fresh for a few days, so we could use up everything in the fridge. I hate wasting food! A good idea in theory, but by the time I wanted to make this bento, we'd run out of just about everything! Fortunately a bit of scavenging around the corners of my fridge and cupboard gave me just about enough stuff to make a bento with! I love this frankfurter, sweetcorn and edamame mixture as a bento filler. It uses things I always have in the freezer or cupboard, and allows me to fullfill my naughty processed sausage craving while still having something fairly healthy! 

Top tier: Boiled Egg, Frankfurters, Sweetcorn and Edamame, Aubergines made with a very very vague version of this recipe
Bottom tier: Rice with Tuna Soboro

No comments:

Post a Comment