Tuesday 24 July 2012

Bento No.13, Vegetarian Curry Bento

Today we accomplished something we've been meaning to do for ages...a trip to Yamadera. It's a temple on a mountainside quite near where we live, and our trip involved a 6 mile walk and lots of stairs. So we needed a good, filling bento that would give us plenty of oomph! Luckily the curry we'd had for dinner the night before gave some inspiration, and when I found the recipe for kidney bean curry on Just Bento, I knew I had the basis of my bento sorted. Plus, when headed to a Buddhist temple, a vegetarian bento seemed appropriate!

Time in the morning was short so I went for functionality over prettiness, by new panda picks added a nice element of cuteness. I did manage to make some more Welsh Cakes (not pictured) to go in the chopstick holder section of my box. That little tray is a great way to add a little sweetness to my meal. Nobody brought up by my parents could help needed some sort of cake at the end of each meal! 


Rice with garam masala
Steamed broccoli
Yoghurt Salad (dressing: yoghurt mixed with coriander, parsley, lemon juice and salt)

Everything tastes so much more delicious after 6 miles of hiking!


No comments:

Post a Comment